Where most Lean initiatives stop – that’s where we begin.
Every successful player in manufacturing looks to decrease costs, production time, and waste, which is why the majority of our clients have a variety of Lean Manufacturing practices in place at the onset of our relationship. We add value by evaluating and optimizing these practices, while focusing on throughput efficiency to the actual process, which can include upgrading and redesigning manufacturing lines. Our initiatives are centered on these principles:
- Focusing on value
- Eliminating waste (Muda)
- Enhancing product flow
- Building only what the customer needs
- Striving to deliver quality execution
4 keys to success – finding efficiency across the org chart
Gibson applies Lean Manufacturing and Lean Thinking concepts far beyond the plant floor. We invest all levels of the organization in the process – from the manufacturing workforce, to mid-level management, to the C-suite – to ensure full-scale buy in. Before implementing any Lean Production changes, we align around four key elements to success:
- Top management commitment
- Analysis tools to support lean production and problem solving
- Training and education at all levels with skill-based training
- Rigorous, structured, well-defined methodology
Efficiency is doing things right. Effectiveness is doing the right things
If you’re not the best at making it, who is?
To boost profitability, we identify the areas in which our clients truly excel. Then we ask tough questions. Are you the best in the world at making whatever it is you’re making? If the answer is no, you could be leaving more profitable margins on the table. We can help you be the best, and in some cases reprioritize efforts to where your true potential lies.
Our clients have seen significant returns using our holistic approach:
- Inventory reductions between 50-90%
- Increases in productivity up to 45%
- Floor space reductions of up to 50%
- Reductions in scrap and rework of up to 90%
- Lead-time reductions from order entry to delivery from weeks to days
- Changeover reductions from hours to minutes
- Build to order vs. build to forecast
At Gibson, we look beyond Lean to unlock new manufacturing methods, processes and efficiencies that will propel your business ever closer to excellence in performance and earnings.