Brian is an experienced leader in operational management consulting focused within Global Supply Chain, Mergers & Acquisitions and Data Analytics. Brian has led large transformation projects for multiple Fortune 500 clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Global Strategic Sourcing & International Procurement
- Mergers & Acquisitions (pre-deal and integration)
- Data Analytics
- Make vs. Buy Analysis
- Procurement Process Design & Implementation
- Staff Optimization; Roles & Responsibilities
- Organizational Design – Procurement/Sourcing
- Private Label Strategy
- Brian has been providing global supply chain services for Fortune 500 companies across Manufacturing, Engineering / Construction Services, Retail, Power Sports, Oil & Gas, Food Services and many other industries which has garnered over $750M in operational savings.
- Ensured operational readiness for the opening of the client’s International Procurement Office (IPO) for a Fortune 100 food distribution company. Detailed and executed playbooks for multiple functional area (Procurement, HR, Finance, IT, Facilities, Workforce Transition) to ensure the IPO was operational for Day-1. In addition, created and delivered an operational roadmap for the IPO’s first five years of operations, identifying over $100MM in operational benefits.
- Established and executed an integration playbook for $3B retail company to ensure Day 1 readiness for the client’s acquisition target. The acquisition enabled the client to have sourcing and distribution capabilities for the first time. In addition, helped develop the long-term sourcing, private label, and distribution strategies.
- Developed and executed a strategy for a Fortune 500 auto retail and distribution company to unbundle and identify cost savings from its inbound freight. Initiative focused on purchases from its top 30 suppliers (~$2.5B) which identified over $40M in annual cost savings.
- Fortune 500 manufacturing conglomerate, consolidated global metal spend ($500MM+) across 16 separate operating companies. Achieved measurable cost savings (over 10%), and service enhancements from the implementation of strategic sourcing alliances for Metals (carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminium, and copper) despite rising commodity costs.
- $1B commercial refrigeration company, strategically sourced 9 different direct material categories ($100 MM): evaporator coils, condensers, unit coolers, condensing units, wire racks, refrigeration valves, plastic extrusions, plastic sheet & fabrication and electrical components (over 20% savings).
Prior to joining Gibson, Brian was a Principal at PRGX’s Advisory & Analytics practice and worked in Deloitte’s Manufacturing and Supply Chain group.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance | Indiana University – Bloomington
Let your game speak
Brian enjoys traveling and exploring new places. He is also an avid golfer and skier.
Favorite Thing About Working at Gibson
The people that I have the privilege to work with on a day-to-day basis – the great people we have at Gibson and the exposure you receive to client executives.