Tyler is a leader in operational management consulting focused on data-driven efficiencies, strategically driven decisions, mergers and acquisitions, and supply chain. Tyler is experienced in leading multiple transformation projects, realizing millions of dollars in savings benefit for his Fortune 500 clients.
Areas of Expertise
- Global Strategic Sourcing
- International Procurement
- Mergers & Acquisitions (pre-deal and integration)
- Data Analytics
- Make vs. Buy Analysis
- Procurement Process Design & Implementation
- Staff Optimization; Roles & Responsibilities
- Organizational Design – Procurement/Sourcing, Training, Logistics, Private Label Strategy
Tyler has experience across many different industries. His expertise is in leading BIG DATA integration, analytics and creating bottom-line savings for his clients. Some highlights are:
- Created and implemented a global sourcing strategy for a $7B fortune 500 manufacturer that drove $50M in savings annually across multiple highly engineered products and categories
- Identified, implemented and negotiated a logistics network optimization opportunity, creating savings of over $12M annually for a Fortune 500 company; including all modes (Ocean, Over the Road, Less than Truck Load and Rail)
- Developed actionable playbooks for cost savings strategies, identifying an 18% savings for one of the largest global retailers at the SKU level utilizing True Net costing methodologies and big data practices
- Created and executed integration playbooks for a $130B+ merger that identified 20% short-term synergy opportunities, creation of a combined sourcing practice, private label integration and improvement of distribution networks
- Lead a global P2P (procure to pay) operational assessment for one of the world’s largest international retailers, examining processes, identifying operational weaknesses and providing a tactical plan for improvement that tied to direct financial benefit of over $50M
- Created and implemented a sourcing strategy for a merger of two global retailers that included integration of ERP’s (SAP and Oracle) along with centralization of a sourcing policies and strategies
- Implemented a continuous control monitoring software solution at a large international retailer to help drive category savings identification. This led to identified strategies and opportunities to recognize identified savings.
- Developed multiple custom procurement reporting “front ends” that tactically identify sourcing opportunities, leading to cost reductions specializing in Power BI, Excel and SQL (SSRS) and data aggregation from multiple desperate data sources and ERPs
- Implemented spend analytics solutions, continuous controls monitoring, and self-audit software in a multiple large manufacturing and retail companies across the globe
Prior to joining Gibson, Tyler was a Manager at PRGX’s Advisory & Analytics practice and worked in private equity.
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Utah
- Bachelor’s Degree, Brigham Young University
The most important thing is to try and inspire people so that they can be great in whatever they want to do.
Tyler enjoys time abroad and exploration of new places. He relishes the beauty and diversity that travel offers. Among his favorite go-to spots: spending time hiking, biking and skiing in the Rocky Mountains, or surfing in Hawaii and Southern California.
Favorite thing about working at Gibson
I come to work every day to be around the amazing people who make Gibson a family. It re-energizes me to be involved with such intelligent and driven individuals. The interactions and influence I have with our clients’ executives push me forward towards my personal and corporate goals.