James is an experienced leader in Operational Management Consulting focused within Global Supply Chain & Procurement, Make versus Buy Analysis, Logistics & Transportation, and Internal Process Redesign.
Areas of Expertise
Global Strategic Sourcing & International Procurement, Make vs. Buy Analysis, Procurement Process Design & Implementation, Staff Optimization; Roles & Responsibilities, Organizational Design – Procurement/Sourcing, Skill Based Training, Logistics – Sourcing & Mode Conversion
- List any high-level career highlights you’d like to include.
- James has been responsible for facilitating cross-functional client teams in the attainment of over $500 million USD in annual bottom-line impact, and identifying over $1 billion USD in strategic sourcing opportunities
- As a lead instructor, James has conducted countless week-long, skill-based training courses in the areas of Sourcing Methodology, Supplier Site Visits – Due Diligence & Interviewing, Negotiations, and Supplier Selection, Transition and Alliance Management. Client Executives love the results, but client team members love the training and investment in their development!
- He has spent 25% of his career working International in Europe and China, and has traveled extensively to both client and supplier facilities globally on a consistent basis
Outside of Gibson, James was a Senior Consultant at Alaris Consulting (acquired by PWC), and a Senior Manager at Deloitte in the Strategy & Operations group.
- MBA – Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- BBA – University of Notre Dame
Teamwork is the ability to work together toward a common vision. The ability to direct individual accomplishments toward organizational objectives. It is the fuel that allows common people to attain uncommon results.
James enjoys spending time with his family, golf as time allows, and wine.
Favorite thing about working at Gibson
From a firm perspective, James enjoys the culture of the firm where ‘best idea wins’ and that they all support one another.
From a client service standpoint, James loves that Gibson listens to their clients, are flexible in how they tailor our solutions, that they work side-by-side with their clients to drive real, tangible results (Financial, Process and Skill), and that their advice and recommendations come from the perspective of “if we owned the business, what would we do” vs. “what are my billable hours”.