To achieve total cost savings, Gibson Consulting implemented a global Strategic Sourcing project targeting twelve specific categories: Iron & Aluminum Castings, Gears, Electrical Wire Harnesses, Fittings & Hoses, MRO & Production Supplies, Forgings, Machined Components, Fabrications, Fasteners, Oil and Air Filters, and Generators. Gibson then:
- Gathered and outlined data requirements.
- Revised sourcing department organizational structure and created job descriptions and qualifications consistent with those considered “Best in Class”.
- Trained client teams in Methodology, Executive Communications, Negotiations, Executive Interviewing, Supplier Due Diligence and Alliance Management to ensure sustainability of improvements.
- Invested significant time and resources to thoroughly understand the industry and the commodities marketplace.
- Defined and carefully developed commodity specific negotiable issues for effective/efficient negotiations.
- Challenged client to truly consider “Global” suppliers and not necessarily rely on those suppliers within a 150 mile radius of their manufacturing facility by identifying and contacting over 1200 suppliers globally.