As a member of the firm’s management team, Wil is responsible for helping chart the long-term growth and development of the firm and the consultants. He has primary responsibility for business development and working with the other Partners and Directors to identify innovative ways to deliver value to new and existing clients. Across projects, he serves as an advisor to the teams in the field, and to the senior executive leadership teams of Gibson clients to ensure the overall success of their projects.
Areas of Expertise
Global Strategic Sourcing, Source to Pay Process Design and Improvement, Lean and LSS, Training
- Wil began his career as a naval officer with a sub-specialty in naval nuclear propulsion
- Prior to joining Gibson, he worked at both Accenture and EY in their Operations and supply Chain practices
Key project highlights
- Sourced and supported implementation of multiple indirect material categories for a global consumer products company. Focused categories included resins, plastic and corrugated packaging
- Developed comprehensive business continuity plan for a multi-billion dollar consumer products company focused on minimizing impact of supply disruption for FDA-regulated raw materials
- Redesigned Procure to Pay (P2P) process for $1B telecommunications company increasing vendor satisfaction ratings from 61% “Approve” to 93% “Approve” and saving client over $60 million in late fees and processing costs
- Designed and deployed first ever strategic sourcing group for major national telecommunications company; overall impact was savings of 23% ($75 million) over pre-deployment costs
- Led over 50 Kaizen and rapid improvement events for clients across multiple industries in both shop-floor and back office functions
- Delivered executive training in communications, negotiations, process improvement and other topics in over a dozen clients
- BS – Auburn University
- MBA – University of Notre Dame Mendoza College of Business
- LSS Black Belt
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
You can buy a man’s time, you can buy a [person]’s physical presence at a certain place, you can even buy a measured number of skilled muscular motions per hour or day. But you cannot buy enthusiasm, you cannot buy initiative, you cannot buy loyalty; you cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.
As a father of 3, much of Wil’s “free” time is consumed by ballgames, school plays and chauffer services. However, he does enjoy traveling with his wife and (sometimes) their children. He is a huge fan of spy movies and “The Godfather”. He has recently taken up racquetball and skiing – we shall see if those remain personal interests.
Favorite thing about working at Gibson
Working with people he genuinely likes to deliver game-changing value to clients.