Scott has over 30 years of strategy, operations, and strategic sourcing consulting experience. His focus is helping clients transform underperforming supply chain and procurement organizations into leading functions in the company. Scott has deep experience in multiple direct production materials (standard components and custom components requiring tooling) and has extensive knowledge and expertise in the sourcing process. Scott’s functional expertise is in strategic and low-cost country sourcing, contract negotiations, spends analysis, procurement transformation, and change management.
Areas of Expertise
Scott’s functional expertise is in strategy and business transformation, global strategic and low-cost country sourcing, contract negotiations, source-to-settle, spend analysis, make/buy analysis, procurement transformation, supplier relationship and risk management, and procurement benchmarking.
- Proactively led global business transformation focused on strategic sourcing of direct production materials for global manufacturer of stationary natural gas engines. Cross-functional program was designed to reduce cost and inventory, increase quality and capacity, and outsource internal manufacturing operations. Served as strategic leader and advocate of operational effectiveness in inventory, manufacturing, product design, cash flow, outsourcing, quality, and customer service. Program yielded in excess of $20 million (21% reduction) in annualized savings. Rationalized supply base 25%. Grew low cost country sourcing as percentage of spend from 7% to 19% with average landed cost savings of up to 30%.
- Executed six strategic sourcing waves covering 30 spend categories across two continents for global office equipment manufacturer focused on both standard and custom components included motors, printed circuit boards, cable assemblies, internal manufacturing operations (stampings, machinings, turnings) and non production expenditures including IT hardware, office supplies, and travel. Project savings were more than $100 million on an annualized basis.
- Directed multi-year change management and strategic sourcing program for manufacturer of school buses, commercial buses, and recreational vehicles. Program included execution of series of sourcing savings initiatives along with development of centralized procurement organization.
- Led global strategic sourcing initiative for a manufacturer of power tools that involved direct materials (castings, fasteners, switches), OEM (engines and motors) and logistics. Annualized cost savings exceeded $24 million.
- Provided category management for international provider of surface transportation. Developed short-term and long-term commodity strategy to address service gaps, supply constraints, and organization support resources for engineering services, glazing, wheels, and suspension parts. Managed and executed online RFx and auctions and developed negotiation strategies.
- Executed a business transformation relating to the strategic sourcing of Interconnect costs for a multibillion-dollar voice and data network communication provider. The transformation included Usage, Network Access, and Customer Access costs. Annualized savings exceeded $100 million.
- Principal at The Hackett Group
- Vice President at Mitchell Madison Group
- Managing Director at Cequel Consulting
- Partner at VMG Consulting
- Vice President at Gerber Plumbing
- Partner at Gibson & Associates
- International Tax Manager at AT&T (formerly SBC Communications)
- Manager at KPMG
- Senior at Arthur Andersen
- MBA – Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- BS (Accounting) – Southern Illinois University – Carbondale
- Certified Public Accountant
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.
Food, Family, Travel and Baseball
Favorite Thing About Working at Gibson
Working with talented, intelligent and passionate people.